Access Policies and Fees
Use of RS&GIS Aerial Imagery Archive resources is regulated by the following service policies. The charges reflect the cost associated with staffing, maintaining, and improving the archive.
Standard Access to Archive Resources
- Clients should use the Online Archive Request System to order data from the Archive.
- Digital images representing a defined site may be purchased for $15.00/image, with a minimum charge of $30.00 per order.
- Entire digital images with accompanying geo-referencing file (e.g., .tfw or .jpw file) may be purchased for $30/image.*
- Digital images are delivered over the Internet in the format selected by the client (IMAGE or ADOBE ACROBAT). File types are either JPG, TIFF, GeoTIFF or PDF.
- Clients must agree to the Imagery Services, Fees and Conditions detailed on the request system page.
* Digital images accompanied by a geo-referencing file are not geo-rectified. Rather, they can be viewed in a GIS in their approximate real-work positions. For more details, contact the Aerial Imagery Archive.
Onsite Access to Archive Resources
- Onsite access to Archive resources is by appointment only and is available to those who wish to view digital imagery only or examine hardcopy imagery (e.g., stereoscopic analysis, etc.).
- The onsite access charge is $30/hr.
- Digital images representing a defined site are available for purchase at a cost of $15.00/image. There is a minimum charge of $30.00 per visit/image order.
- Hardcopy images may not leave the MSU Aerial Imagery Archive premises.
- Not all imagery will be available in hardcopy format and clients may not duplicate hardcopy imagery.
- Invoices are to be paid within 10 business days of receipt. Invoices not paid within 30 days will be billed an additional $25.00 late fee.
- Michigan State University Students, Staff and Faculty are exempt from onsite access fees. Digital imagery fees remain in effect. Exemptions apply only to University business, research or education.
- Federal, State and local agencies who contribute to the archive collection will be considered cooperators and are exempt from onsite access fees. Digital imagery fees remain in effect. Exemptions apply only to agency-related business.